Friday, July 26, 2013

Sound Recorder: Week Six

Last week I moved on to frontend coding. I finished a first iteration of the listview:


Maybe it's just me, but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to display the Gtk.StackSwitcher before I discovered that it needed to be added to the headerbar using, e.g. headerbar.custom_title = stackSwitcher; Maybe there are other ways to display the buttons, but this was kind of an opaque point in the widget's documentation.

I implemented the actions for all of the buttons shown except for sharing. I would actually like to hide one of the buttons so the play functionality can only be launched from the listview, but I haven't implemented that yet. I still have a little work left on the info dialog (moving the close button to the top, finalizing what info to display about the file). Reda made some very nice hi-res mockups that I'm using, for example, for the info dialog:


Anyway, I have a million things to do today to get ready for GUADEC, so that's all I'm going to write. See you there :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks cool .. I wonder if it would help having a waveform in the list, behind the text.. sorta like soundcloud - it might make it easier to tell the waves apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it might help with that. Soundcloud also has "cover art" thumbnails, which I think are more helpful wrt this than the waveforms, tbh. The waveforms are kind of interesting, though -- they are a distinctive feature of the site and remind me of city skylines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good and intuitive :)
    Have fun at GUADEC Meg.

    ReplyDelete